1. to express approval or admiration of; commend; extol.
2. to offer grateful homage to (God or a deity), as in words or song.
3. the act of expressing approval or admiration; commendation; laudation.
4. the offering of grateful homage in words or song, as an act of worship:
a hymn of praise to God.
5. the state of being approved or admired
Synonyms: acclamation, plaudit, applause, approbation, compliment, encomium, eulogy, panegyric, laud, applaud, eulogize, glorify, exalt, honor
Antonyms: condemnation, depreciate, blame, reproach, criticize, hate, accuse, belittle, admonish, humiliate
Prefix: ap-, dis-, u-, over-, reap-
Suffix: -ful, -fully, -less, -r, -s, -worthy