The skinny on the BLA
- Mascot: Our symbol is the lightning bolt
- Colors: Navy, Periwinkle & White
- Key Verse: Psalm 119:105 I want Christ to guide me while I guide my kiddos in their life journey.
- School Name: Partially from the mascot, partially from my ultimate goal in home education.
- Our Philosophy: Child led studies will ignite a life long love for learning, rather than just schooling until adulthood. We want to equip our children with the desire to learn throughout their life and to spread the love of Christ to those around them.
- Why: For my family our choice is the factor of several things: our dislike of the current public school system, the poor achievement of the schools in our area, our personal beliefs, the desire for our children to excel (not only in school, but in life), success of family and friends that have homeschooled in the past, the desire to be more involved in their education and lives.
- Our Method: We mix and match most of what we do – so vary somewhere between ‘Eclectic’ and Unschoolers.
We recognize that homeschooling is a journey, and every journey begins with a first step.
(And real life comes with several mis-steps, so stay tuned to see what those play out to be, and how we handle them.)